skip to Main Content

A massive fire ravages the Smoke and Grill restaurant in Bilston

A restaurant in Bilston was damaged in a serious fire late at night.

Around 20 firefighters were called to a building fire in Vulcan Road just before 11.30pm on Friday January 22.

The fire damaged the bar on the ground floor of the premises and smoke damage spread to the flat above and to the store next door.

READ MORE: Live updates: Firefighters called to Bilston blaze

An electrical device was believed to be the cause of the fire.

No injuries were reported.

A spokesperson for the West Midlands Fire Service told BlackCountryLive: “We were called to a serious building fire in Vulcan Road, Bilston at 11.27pm last night, January 21.

“We sent four teams to the scene, including firefighters from Bilston, Wednesdaybury, Willenhall and Tipton.

“The incident involved a serious fire in a bar on the ground floor of a restaurant.

“Ten breathing apparatus, two reel jets and one blanket jet were in use.

“The fire was reportedly caused by an electrical appliance left in the office area.

“The adjacent store and the apartment above the restaurant were also damaged by the smoke.

“Two men were evacuated from the apartment before crews arrived on the scene uninjured.”

Keep up to date with the latest in the region with our Black Country Email Updates .

Back To Top